Vegan Sausage and Tomato Pasta Bake 0
Our vegan sausage and tomato pasta bake is inspired by the best Italian recipes, but with a few of our own little twists.
- 200g fusilli pasta, cooked according to packet instructions
- 1 tbsp sunflower or rapeseed oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 packet Vegusto Sausages, sliced (available to buy here)
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 100g puy lentils, cooked
- Pinch Mixed herbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vegusto Mo Moo Cheese, such as Piquant (available to buy here)
- Preheat your oven to 200C/Gas Mark 4, and then start by cooking the pasta according to packet instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large frying pan, then fry the garlic and onions until soft.
- Add in the sliced sausages and continue to fry, turning with a wooden spoon so they turn golden and a bit crispy all over.
- Add in the tomatoes, lentils and seasoning and cook everything together on a medium heat for a few minutes.
- Drain off the pasta when it’s cooked and then mix in with the sausages.
- Transfer everything into an oven dish and then grate one of the Vegusto No Moo Cheeses onto the top.
- Drizzle with a little oil on the top, and then bake for 10-15 minutes so the cheese melts on the top.
- Serve immediately.