Vegan Fettuccine Carbonara 9
A rich and creamy vegan fettuccini carbonara.
1 organic vegetable stock cube (dissolved in 5 tablespoons hot water)
½ red onion thinly sliced
2 tbsp curly leaf parsley chopped
8 medium chestnut mushrooms sliced into thin wedges
½ - 1 pack Vegusto No-moo Cheese Sauce
½ pack Vegusto Lyon-style Sandwich Slices cut into squares
250ml soya single cream (e.g. Alpro)
1 tbsp vegetable margarine
250g Tagliatelle pasta
Salt and black pepper
Vegusto No-Moo Piquant cheese (grated)
- In a medium pot boil water (enough to cover pasta) and then add the Tagliatelle pasta.
- In a large frying pan/wok heat up the margarine, add red onions and the Lyon-style square veggie slices.
- Fry together to soften the onions.
- Add the mushrooms wedges and the stock cube mix, and fry for about 1 minute over medium heat, adding a little salt to taste.
- When pasta is al dente, drain and add into the frying pan.
- Pour in the Vegusto sauce and soya cream and mix well together allowing just enough time to become warm.
- Add the parsley and serve immediately. Caution: overcooking will cause the cream sauce to lose its consistency.
- Add ground black pepper and sprinkle some grated Vegusto No-Moo Piquant for that extra taste of cheese. Garnish with fresh parsley and oregano flakes.
Vegan Lasagne with Vegan Cheese 72
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 leek, thinly sliced
1 red onion, finely chopped
1 packet Vegusto Mince (available to buy here)
1 carrot, peeled and grated
1 ½ tins chopped tomatoes
4 sundried tomatoes, chopped
1 tsp mixed herbs
Salt and pepper to taste
3 or 4 lasagne sheets, mixture of white and green (or either)
½ packet Vegusto No-Moo Sauce (available to buy here)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the garlic, leek and onions. Fry on a medium heat for 5-8 minutes, until everything is soft.
- Crumble in the Vegusto mince and carrot and mix well. Fry for a further 5 minutes.
- Now add the chopped and sundried tomatoes, herbs and seasoning. Cook all together for a few minutes and taste.
- Grease a rectangular oven dish or loaf tin.
- Layer the veggie mince and veg mixture with the lasagne sheets, starting with mince on the bottom (around 3 tbsps). The top layer should be finished with a lasagne sheet.
- Pour ½ packet of No Moo Sauce onto the top sheet and smooth it off using a pallet knife. Press the lasagne down so the liquid seeps up around all the pasta sheets – they need moisture to cook.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven (200C/Gas Mark 6) for 30-35 minutes. Test the lasagne is cooked using a skewer to check the pasta is soft. Serve immediately.
Vegan Ham and Cheese Wrap 3
1 (simply multiply the ingredients by the number of people you are feeding)
A great snack or lunch option - using award-winning Vegusto products, this makes the perfect vegan alternative to a ham and cheese wrap.
- 100g Vegusto Aromatic cheese (sliced) (available to buy here)
- 1 piece of flour tortillas
- 6 slices of Vegusto Paprika sandwich slice (available to buy here)
- 2 tbsps Vegusto Mayonnaise with B12 (available to buy here)
- 1 tbsp green onions (chopped)
- 1 cup of baby spinach
- To assemble, spread a layer of the onion mayonnaise over the wrap and add 6 slices of Vegusto Paprika sandwich slice.
- Then add Vegusto sliced cheese, and spinach.
- Roll up tightly.
- The wraps can be made several hours ahead and kept covered in the fridge.
- To serve, cut each wrap on the diagonal into 2 pieces.
- Serve with the extra Vegusto Mayonnaise.
Vegan Butternut Squash and Cheese Ravioli 0
A lovely autumnal twist to ravioli. Traditionally packed with meat and cheese, you won't miss them one bit when you taste this delicious vegan version.
- 500g/1lb 2oz butternut squash, peeled, de-seeded and cubed
- 3 tsp olive oil
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- 1 tbsp rosemary, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
½ packet No Moo Melty, grated (available to buy here)
For the pasta
- 300g/10½oz ‘00’ grade flour (or plain flour), plus extra for dusting
- 2 tsp ground flaxseeds, mixed with ½ cup water
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- For the filling, place the butternut squash pieces into a large bowl, drizzle over two teaspoons of olive oil and stir to coat. Season to taste. Place the pieces of butternut squash, garlic and rosemary into a roasting tray and roast in the oven for 30 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove from the oven, place in a food processor, then blend until smooth. Set aside to cool completely, before stirring in half the No Moo Melty or No Moo Soft.
- Meanwhile, for the pasta, blend the flour and flaxseed mixture in a food processor until the ingredients come together to form a dough. Add a little more water if needed.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead well for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into four portions and wrap each in cling film. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- When the pasta dough has chilled, take the first portion and roll it out onto a lightly floured work surface to a 1mm thickness, dusting with flour if it starts to stick. You need to roll it into a rectangle, from which 9-10 shapes can be cut (using a ravioli cutter if you have one). Gently mark shapes in the pasta where each ravioli will be cut.
- Repeat the rolling-out process with the second portion of pasta dough. Set aside.
- Divide the cooled filling mixture in half and place one heaped teaspoon into the centre of each marked ravioli.
- Once all of the discs have been filled, lift the second sheet of pasta dough and drape it over the first, carefully smoothing the pasta around the filling using your fingertips.
- Cut out your ravioli and place them on a floured surface ready to cook. Now make the second batch. You should end up with around 18 ravioli.
- To cook the ravioli, half-fill a very large saucepan with cold water. Add one teaspoon of salt and bring to the boil. When the water is boiling, carefully lower the ravioli into it. Boil for a few minutes, until the pasta is cooked to your liking.
- Drain the ravioli, then place in an oven dish. Sprinkle the remaining No Moo Cheese onto the ravioli, drizzle with some oil and bake in the oven for 10 minutes so the top melts and crisps.
- Serve immediately.