Quick & Simple fried noodles with vegan ‘Steak’ 36
Enjoy Vegusto Veggie 'Steaks' (Vegan), Asian style!
- 2 Tbs roasted sesame oil
- 1 small-medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 pack Vegusto Schnitzel Steak 80g cut into strips
- 1 pack mixed stir-fried vegetables (from supermarket)
- 2 packs ready boiled rice noodles (from supermarket)
- For the Seasoning:
- 2 Tbs roasted sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- salt & pepper
- Garnish: 2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Heat a large non-stick wok or frying pan and add the oil.
- Add the chopped onion and fry until golden. Add the sliced Schnitzel Steak and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Then add the mixed stir-fried vegetables and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the pre-boiled rice noodles, and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the seasoning and stir in well.
To serve the stylish way: Garnish with sesame seeds and serve in warm bowls.
Vegusto Deluxe Cheezy Pizza 36
Delight your family and friends with our healthy vegan version of everyone's favorite food choice....classic, cheezy & zesty pizza.
1 - 2
- 1 ½ Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Plain Pizza Base G/F - from 3 Pack (3 X 179G)
- 3 medium Chestnut Mushrooms (thin sliced)
- Vegusto No-Moo Sauce (Pierce a small hole in the bag for easier application)
- 1 x Single Vegusto No-Moo Melty (200g) (Tip: slightly freeze for easier grating)
- 1 Tablespoon Zest Vegan Basil Pesto (165g)
- ½ medium red onion (thin sliced)
- 7 baby plum tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons of Biona Organic Tomato Puree (200g)
- 4 Vegusto Smoked sandwich slices (sliced into small squares)
- Artichokes from 340g antipasti jar (optional)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Oregano to season
- Preheat oven to 220 C
- In a frying pan heat up some olive oil and add the red onions & mushrooms.
- Lightly Fry (1 minute) Set aside
- Brush the pizza base with 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Finely chop 4 baby plum tomatoes and mix with tomato puree and spread over base of pizza
- Grate1/3 partially frozen No-Moo Melty barrel evenly over base
- Add the slightly fried onions and mushrooms and Vegusto Smoked slices
- Add some basil pesto
- Make a small hole in the end of Cheese sauce and squeeze out sauce like piping ice on a cake. Add according to your taste
- Slice 3 baby plum tomatoes into halves and add to top of pizza
- Top off with artichoke pieces (if using) and grate a little more No-Moo Melty on top
- Sprinkle with oregano and salt & pepper to taste
- Place in oven for 8-10 minutes
Vegusto’s Farmhouse Sausage Breakfast with Scrambled Tofu 28
Looking for that all-day any-day breakfast recipe?
- 1 Vegusto Farmhouse Sausage*
- 2 medium size mushrooms (halved)
- 1 medium tomato (halved)
- 200g of firm tofu
- ½ can Mr. Organic baked beans*
- 2 slices of thick wholegrain toast
- 5 tablespoons of sunflower/olive oil
- ½ teaspoon turmeric, for colour
- Salt and pepper to taste
*Items available from our website
- Remove tofu from packet, place on kitchen towel and pat dry removing as much liquid as possible.
- In a medium sized bowl mash the tofu a little with a fork, add salt and pepper to taste, and put aside. Optional: You can add chopped onion, mushroom, peppers, additional seasoning such as soya sauce etc. as you wish, for variety.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a medium sized frying pan, and on low heat gently fry the Vegusto Farmhouse Sausage, for approximately 6-8 minutes, turning frequently. Note: remove all plastic layers from the sausage.
- Add the halved mushrooms and tomato and fry for a few minutes on a medium heat, turning often, together with the Vegusto Farmhouse sausage.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a small frying pan, add mashed tofu and fry for 5 minutes on a medium-low heat, stirring continuously to avoid sticking, adding the turmeric, salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the baked beans in a small saucepan and assemble on a plate with the other ingredients.
- Serve with a slice of thick wholegrain toast.
Vegan BBQ Skewers 0
Makes 9 skewers
Ah, barbecues. The typical BBQ doesn't seem like a very vegan friendly experience. However, with Vegusto meats, you can make a vegan BBQ look far more appetising than its meat-centric counterpart. We have burgers and sausages, of course. But this recipe is for delicious and meaty vegan skewers. Here's how it's done...
- 1 pack Vegusto Pepper ‘Schnitzel’ Steak (available here)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in to 1-inch cubes
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut in to 1-inch cubes
- 6 medium size mushrooms, cut in quarters
- ½ zucchini, cut in to 1-inch cubes
- ½ jar of a vegan Smokey BBQ sauce
- Pack of 8 inch BBQ skewers
- Chop the Vegusto Pepper ‘Schnitzel’ Steak cut into 1½-inch squares.
- Place all ingredients onto the BBQ skewers, using 3 of each ingredient item on the skewer.
- Spoon or brush the Smokey BBQ marinade covering the entire skewer. (Optional: Can add a little smoked paprika for a touch of spice)
- You can either eat these uncooked, grill them, or place them on the BBQ (a bit of foil can help stop them from sticking too)