Quick & Simple fried noodles with vegan ‘Steak’ 36
Enjoy Vegusto Veggie 'Steaks' (Vegan), Asian style!
- 2 Tbs roasted sesame oil
- 1 small-medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 pack Vegusto Schnitzel Steak 80g cut into strips
- 1 pack mixed stir-fried vegetables (from supermarket)
- 2 packs ready boiled rice noodles (from supermarket)
- For the Seasoning:
- 2 Tbs roasted sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- salt & pepper
- Garnish: 2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Heat a large non-stick wok or frying pan and add the oil.
- Add the chopped onion and fry until golden. Add the sliced Schnitzel Steak and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Then add the mixed stir-fried vegetables and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the pre-boiled rice noodles, and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the seasoning and stir in well.
To serve the stylish way: Garnish with sesame seeds and serve in warm bowls.
Filo Vegan Roast with Glazed Carrots 36
Sunday lunch is always a great family gathering and this recipe makes a tasty option for your vegan and vegetarian guests. This brings out an extra level of flair to a Vegusto roast.
A great centrepiece to a vegan or vegetarian roast dinner. Make the most of Sundays by putting together this Filo Roast.
- 1 Vegusto Roast, quartered (available to buy here)
- 6 sheets of filo pastry
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 150g non-dairy margarine - melted
- Split almonds - toasted
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
For the bed:
- 4 large carrots - peeled and sliced on an angle
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic - peeled and crushed
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 C/400 F/Gas mark 6.
- Line a tray with baking parchment paper.
- Cut all the pastry sheets in half so that you have 12 sheets.
- Add the oil to the melted margarine. Brush this mixture onto each of the pastry sheets and sprinkle with toasted almonds. Use three sheets to make each parcel.
- Position a Vegusto Roast quarter in the centre of each filo pastry rectangle.
- Fold in the short sides, followed by the longer sides so that you have a parcel.
- Brush with more melted margarine, sprinkle the top with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden.
- Mix the carrots with about a tablespoon of water, garlic, brown sugar, olive oil and salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add a lid and cook until just soft. Drain.
To serve the stylish way: Place a generous helping of glazed carrots on a warm plate and top with an individual filo roast parcel. Drizzle the top with a little extra virgin olive oil if desired.
Vegusto Deluxe Cheezy Pizza 36
Delight your family and friends with our healthy vegan version of everyone's favorite food choice....classic, cheezy & zesty pizza.
1 - 2
- 1 ½ Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Plain Pizza Base G/F - from 3 Pack (3 X 179G)
- 3 medium Chestnut Mushrooms (thin sliced)
- Vegusto No-Moo Sauce (Pierce a small hole in the bag for easier application)
- 1 x Single Vegusto No-Moo Melty (200g) (Tip: slightly freeze for easier grating)
- 1 Tablespoon Zest Vegan Basil Pesto (165g)
- ½ medium red onion (thin sliced)
- 7 baby plum tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons of Biona Organic Tomato Puree (200g)
- 4 Vegusto Smoked sandwich slices (sliced into small squares)
- Artichokes from 340g antipasti jar (optional)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Oregano to season
- Preheat oven to 220 C
- In a frying pan heat up some olive oil and add the red onions & mushrooms.
- Lightly Fry (1 minute) Set aside
- Brush the pizza base with 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Finely chop 4 baby plum tomatoes and mix with tomato puree and spread over base of pizza
- Grate1/3 partially frozen No-Moo Melty barrel evenly over base
- Add the slightly fried onions and mushrooms and Vegusto Smoked slices
- Add some basil pesto
- Make a small hole in the end of Cheese sauce and squeeze out sauce like piping ice on a cake. Add according to your taste
- Slice 3 baby plum tomatoes into halves and add to top of pizza
- Top off with artichoke pieces (if using) and grate a little more No-Moo Melty on top
- Sprinkle with oregano and salt & pepper to taste
- Place in oven for 8-10 minutes
Vegusto’s Farmhouse Sausage Breakfast with Scrambled Tofu 28
Looking for that all-day any-day breakfast recipe?
- 1 Vegusto Farmhouse Sausage*
- 2 medium size mushrooms (halved)
- 1 medium tomato (halved)
- 200g of firm tofu
- ½ can Mr. Organic baked beans*
- 2 slices of thick wholegrain toast
- 5 tablespoons of sunflower/olive oil
- ½ teaspoon turmeric, for colour
- Salt and pepper to taste
*Items available from our website
- Remove tofu from packet, place on kitchen towel and pat dry removing as much liquid as possible.
- In a medium sized bowl mash the tofu a little with a fork, add salt and pepper to taste, and put aside. Optional: You can add chopped onion, mushroom, peppers, additional seasoning such as soya sauce etc. as you wish, for variety.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a medium sized frying pan, and on low heat gently fry the Vegusto Farmhouse Sausage, for approximately 6-8 minutes, turning frequently. Note: remove all plastic layers from the sausage.
- Add the halved mushrooms and tomato and fry for a few minutes on a medium heat, turning often, together with the Vegusto Farmhouse sausage.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a small frying pan, add mashed tofu and fry for 5 minutes on a medium-low heat, stirring continuously to avoid sticking, adding the turmeric, salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the baked beans in a small saucepan and assemble on a plate with the other ingredients.
- Serve with a slice of thick wholegrain toast.
Vegan Quiche Lorraine 27
A quiche lorraine, filled with amazing vegan goodies to satisfy anyone.
A rich quiche filled with delicious vegan cheese, vegan meats, and vegetables.
- 1 sheet of ready-made shortcrust pastry (most supermarket own brands and Jus Roll are vegan)
- 1 packet silken tofu
- 100ml soya milk
- Pinch turmeric
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 bunch British asparagus, chopped
- Handful of cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 4 slices Vegusto Deli-style Sandwich Slices, cut into little pieces (available to buy here)
- 50g No-Moo Mild Aromatic Cheese (available to buy here)
- Salt and pepper
- Grease a 9 inch flan dish. Unwrap your pastry sheet and lay it over the top, trim any excess and join it together to make the sheet fit across the whole dish, allowing enough overlap to gently push the pastry into the bottom edges. The pastry should cover all of the dish, with a little extra around the top edge, to allow for it to shrink down a bit when it cooks.
- Blind bake the pastry case by lining it with baking parchment, then filling with baking beans. Preheat your oven to 200C/Gas Mark 4 and bake it for 10 minutes. When the edges are lightly cooked, remove the parchment and beans and return to the oven for another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, steam your asparagus and lightly fry the spring onion and garlic in a little olive oil, so they soften.
- Set pastry case aside ready to be filled.
- Place the silken tofu into a mixing bowl and blend until smooth, using a hand blender. Add the soya milk and mustard. Now stir in the other filling ingredients; turmeric, spring onion, garlic, asparagus, tomatoes and Vegusto deli-slices. Season to taste.
- Spoon the filling into the pastry case and grate Vegusto No Moo Aromatic (or any other variety) onto the top. Add a few extra tomatoes too if you like.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until the filling has set and the cheese is lightly golden. Allow the quiche to cool slightly before cutting and serving with seasonal potatoes and salad.
Vegan Fettuccine Carbonara 0
A rich and creamy vegan fettuccini carbonara.
1 organic vegetable stock cube (dissolved in 5 tablespoons hot water)
½ red onion thinly sliced
2 tbsp curly leaf parsley chopped
8 medium chestnut mushrooms sliced into thin wedges
½ - 1 pack Vegusto No-moo Cheese Sauce
½ pack Vegusto Lyon-style Sandwich Slices cut into squares
250ml soya single cream (e.g. Alpro)
1 tbsp vegetable margarine
250g Tagliatelle pasta
Salt and black pepper
Vegusto No-Moo Piquant cheese (grated)
- In a medium pot boil water (enough to cover pasta) and then add the Tagliatelle pasta.
- In a large frying pan/wok heat up the margarine, add red onions and the Lyon-style square veggie slices.
- Fry together to soften the onions.
- Add the mushrooms wedges and the stock cube mix, and fry for about 1 minute over medium heat, adding a little salt to taste.
- When pasta is al dente, drain and add into the frying pan.
- Pour in the Vegusto sauce and soya cream and mix well together allowing just enough time to become warm.
- Add the parsley and serve immediately. Caution: overcooking will cause the cream sauce to lose its consistency.
- Add ground black pepper and sprinkle some grated Vegusto No-Moo Piquant for that extra taste of cheese. Garnish with fresh parsley and oregano flakes.