Filo Vegan Roast with Glazed Carrots 45
Sunday lunch is always a great family gathering and this recipe makes a tasty option for your vegan and vegetarian guests. This brings out an extra level of flair to a Vegusto roast.
A great centrepiece to a vegan or vegetarian roast dinner. Make the most of Sundays by putting together this Filo Roast.
- 1 Vegusto Roast, quartered (available to buy here)
- 6 sheets of filo pastry
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 150g non-dairy margarine - melted
- Split almonds - toasted
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
For the bed:
- 4 large carrots - peeled and sliced on an angle
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic - peeled and crushed
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 C/400 F/Gas mark 6.
- Line a tray with baking parchment paper.
- Cut all the pastry sheets in half so that you have 12 sheets.
- Add the oil to the melted margarine. Brush this mixture onto each of the pastry sheets and sprinkle with toasted almonds. Use three sheets to make each parcel.
- Position a Vegusto Roast quarter in the centre of each filo pastry rectangle.
- Fold in the short sides, followed by the longer sides so that you have a parcel.
- Brush with more melted margarine, sprinkle the top with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden.
- Mix the carrots with about a tablespoon of water, garlic, brown sugar, olive oil and salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add a lid and cook until just soft. Drain.
To serve the stylish way: Place a generous helping of glazed carrots on a warm plate and top with an individual filo roast parcel. Drizzle the top with a little extra virgin olive oil if desired.