Vegusto’s Farmhouse Sausage Breakfast with Scrambled Tofu 28
Looking for that all-day any-day breakfast recipe?
- 1 Vegusto Farmhouse Sausage*
- 2 medium size mushrooms (halved)
- 1 medium tomato (halved)
- 200g of firm tofu
- ½ can Mr. Organic baked beans*
- 2 slices of thick wholegrain toast
- 5 tablespoons of sunflower/olive oil
- ½ teaspoon turmeric, for colour
- Salt and pepper to taste
*Items available from our website
- Remove tofu from packet, place on kitchen towel and pat dry removing as much liquid as possible.
- In a medium sized bowl mash the tofu a little with a fork, add salt and pepper to taste, and put aside. Optional: You can add chopped onion, mushroom, peppers, additional seasoning such as soya sauce etc. as you wish, for variety.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a medium sized frying pan, and on low heat gently fry the Vegusto Farmhouse Sausage, for approximately 6-8 minutes, turning frequently. Note: remove all plastic layers from the sausage.
- Add the halved mushrooms and tomato and fry for a few minutes on a medium heat, turning often, together with the Vegusto Farmhouse sausage.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a small frying pan, add mashed tofu and fry for 5 minutes on a medium-low heat, stirring continuously to avoid sticking, adding the turmeric, salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the baked beans in a small saucepan and assemble on a plate with the other ingredients.
- Serve with a slice of thick wholegrain toast.
Vegan Sausage and Tomato Pasta Bake 0
Our vegan sausage and tomato pasta bake is inspired by the best Italian recipes, but with a few of our own little twists.
- 200g fusilli pasta, cooked according to packet instructions
- 1 tbsp sunflower or rapeseed oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 packet Vegusto Sausages, sliced (available to buy here)
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 100g puy lentils, cooked
- Pinch Mixed herbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vegusto Mo Moo Cheese, such as Piquant (available to buy here)
- Preheat your oven to 200C/Gas Mark 4, and then start by cooking the pasta according to packet instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large frying pan, then fry the garlic and onions until soft.
- Add in the sliced sausages and continue to fry, turning with a wooden spoon so they turn golden and a bit crispy all over.
- Add in the tomatoes, lentils and seasoning and cook everything together on a medium heat for a few minutes.
- Drain off the pasta when it’s cooked and then mix in with the sausages.
- Transfer everything into an oven dish and then grate one of the Vegusto No Moo Cheeses onto the top.
- Drizzle with a little oil on the top, and then bake for 10-15 minutes so the cheese melts on the top.
- Serve immediately.