Quick & Simple fried noodles with vegan ‘Steak’ 36
Enjoy Vegusto Veggie 'Steaks' (Vegan), Asian style!
- 2 Tbs roasted sesame oil
- 1 small-medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 pack Vegusto Schnitzel Steak 80g cut into strips
- 1 pack mixed stir-fried vegetables (from supermarket)
- 2 packs ready boiled rice noodles (from supermarket)
- For the Seasoning:
- 2 Tbs roasted sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- salt & pepper
- Garnish: 2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Heat a large non-stick wok or frying pan and add the oil.
- Add the chopped onion and fry until golden. Add the sliced Schnitzel Steak and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Then add the mixed stir-fried vegetables and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the pre-boiled rice noodles, and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the seasoning and stir in well.
To serve the stylish way: Garnish with sesame seeds and serve in warm bowls.
Vegan Quiche Lorraine 27
A quiche lorraine, filled with amazing vegan goodies to satisfy anyone.
A rich quiche filled with delicious vegan cheese, vegan meats, and vegetables.
- 1 sheet of ready-made shortcrust pastry (most supermarket own brands and Jus Roll are vegan)
- 1 packet silken tofu
- 100ml soya milk
- Pinch turmeric
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 bunch British asparagus, chopped
- Handful of cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 4 slices Vegusto Deli-style Sandwich Slices, cut into little pieces (available to buy here)
- 50g No-Moo Mild Aromatic Cheese (available to buy here)
- Salt and pepper
- Grease a 9 inch flan dish. Unwrap your pastry sheet and lay it over the top, trim any excess and join it together to make the sheet fit across the whole dish, allowing enough overlap to gently push the pastry into the bottom edges. The pastry should cover all of the dish, with a little extra around the top edge, to allow for it to shrink down a bit when it cooks.
- Blind bake the pastry case by lining it with baking parchment, then filling with baking beans. Preheat your oven to 200C/Gas Mark 4 and bake it for 10 minutes. When the edges are lightly cooked, remove the parchment and beans and return to the oven for another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, steam your asparagus and lightly fry the spring onion and garlic in a little olive oil, so they soften.
- Set pastry case aside ready to be filled.
- Place the silken tofu into a mixing bowl and blend until smooth, using a hand blender. Add the soya milk and mustard. Now stir in the other filling ingredients; turmeric, spring onion, garlic, asparagus, tomatoes and Vegusto deli-slices. Season to taste.
- Spoon the filling into the pastry case and grate Vegusto No Moo Aromatic (or any other variety) onto the top. Add a few extra tomatoes too if you like.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until the filling has set and the cheese is lightly golden. Allow the quiche to cool slightly before cutting and serving with seasonal potatoes and salad.