How to make the best vegan sandwich 72
Tony Bishop-Weston guides us through how to make the best vegan sandwich, using a few vegan ingredients.
Who doesn't love sandwiches? What is it about putting things between two slices of bread that makes them infinitely better? We had Tony Bishop-Weston in the kitchen showing us how to make the best vegan sandwiches:
Vegan Four Cheese Pizza 0
Next time someone tells you that you can't make vegan pizza, slap a slice of this in front of them and watch them change their mind in seconds.
1 pizza base, homemade or store bought. We have gluten-free pizza bases available here.
1 jar of vegetable pasta sauce (our Biona Tomato puree works great - buy here)
25 grams of Vegusto No-Moo Sauce - buy here
25 grams of Vegusto Melty Cheese, sliced - buy here
25 grams of Vegusto Mildly Aromatic Cheese, cubed - buy here
25 grams of Vegusto Piquant Cheese, grated - buy here
25 grams of Vegusto Smoked Slicing Sausage (contains gluten, leave out for gluten-free option)
...And your choice of extra pizza toppings from artichoke, capers, sweetcorn, sundried tomatoes, mushrooms, slices of red peppers, slices of red onion, pine nuts etc.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Lightly paint pizza base top with olive oil.
- Spread on 3 tablespoons of pasta sauce.
- Cut 2 slices of Vegusto Smoked Sausage and slice into strips and arrange on top of pizza.
- Arrange your selection of pizza toppings.
- Place Vegusto cheeses in separate quarters on top of the pizza. For example, top left—slices of Melty, bottom right—Cheese Sauce, bottom left—grated Piquant, top right—cubes of Aromatic.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for 10–15 minutes until cheeses look cooked.
Serve with salad.