Vegusto’s Farmhouse Sausage Breakfast with Scrambled Tofu 46
Looking for that all-day any-day breakfast recipe?
- 1 Vegusto Farmhouse Sausage*
- 2 medium size mushrooms (halved)
- 1 medium tomato (halved)
- 200g of firm tofu
- ½ can Mr. Organic baked beans*
- 2 slices of thick wholegrain toast
- 5 tablespoons of sunflower/olive oil
- ½ teaspoon turmeric, for colour
- Salt and pepper to taste
*Items available from our website
- Remove tofu from packet, place on kitchen towel and pat dry removing as much liquid as possible.
- In a medium sized bowl mash the tofu a little with a fork, add salt and pepper to taste, and put aside. Optional: You can add chopped onion, mushroom, peppers, additional seasoning such as soya sauce etc. as you wish, for variety.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a medium sized frying pan, and on low heat gently fry the Vegusto Farmhouse Sausage, for approximately 6-8 minutes, turning frequently. Note: remove all plastic layers from the sausage.
- Add the halved mushrooms and tomato and fry for a few minutes on a medium heat, turning often, together with the Vegusto Farmhouse sausage.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a small frying pan, add mashed tofu and fry for 5 minutes on a medium-low heat, stirring continuously to avoid sticking, adding the turmeric, salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the baked beans in a small saucepan and assemble on a plate with the other ingredients.
- Serve with a slice of thick wholegrain toast.