Vegan Lasagne with Vegan Cheese
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 leek, thinly sliced
1 red onion, finely chopped
1 packet Vegusto Mince (available to buy here)
1 carrot, peeled and grated
1 ½ tins chopped tomatoes
4 sundried tomatoes, chopped
1 tsp mixed herbs
Salt and pepper to taste
3 or 4 lasagne sheets, mixture of white and green (or either)
½ packet Vegusto No-Moo Sauce (available to buy here)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the garlic, leek and onions. Fry on a medium heat for 5-8 minutes, until everything is soft.
- Crumble in the Vegusto mince and carrot and mix well. Fry for a further 5 minutes.
- Now add the chopped and sundried tomatoes, herbs and seasoning. Cook all together for a few minutes and taste.
- Grease a rectangular oven dish or loaf tin.
- Layer the veggie mince and veg mixture with the lasagne sheets, starting with mince on the bottom (around 3 tbsps). The top layer should be finished with a lasagne sheet.
- Pour ½ packet of No Moo Sauce onto the top sheet and smooth it off using a pallet knife. Press the lasagne down so the liquid seeps up around all the pasta sheets – they need moisture to cook.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven (200C/Gas Mark 6) for 30-35 minutes. Test the lasagne is cooked using a skewer to check the pasta is soft. Serve immediately.